Cannot open or create new Quicken Windows Data File

Options
QWinUser
QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭

Every time I try to open or create a Quicken data file on Windows 11 (Surface 4 Laptop), it crashes when the Quicken ID password box comes up. The outline of the box first shows up and just sits there, then the complete box shows for split second and then I get a crash report. This happens when I either open an existing file or try to create a new one.

I've have spent the whole day reinstalling, validating, and I even tried a clean Windows 11 install. No matter what I do, Quicken still crashes at the Quicken ID Password box.

The strange thing is that I have another older computer with Windows 10 (Surface Pro) that works just fine with the existing and new data files.

I am at a total loss with how to fix this issue and I am hoping someone has some idea of what's going on.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I found a way to fix the issue and now everything seems to be working fine. I reverted back to R49.29 using a Mondo patch and was able to properly enter my Quicken ID and password. I then updated back to up to R50.16. I had used the Mondo patch for R50.16 previously but it didn't work. I had to revert back to a prior version first and then update to the current version for it to work.

Answers

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I found a way to fix the issue and now everything seems to be working fine. I reverted back to R49.29 using a Mondo patch and was able to properly enter my Quicken ID and password. I then updated back to up to R50.16. I had used the Mondo patch for R50.16 previously but it didn't work. I had to revert back to a prior version first and then update to the current version for it to work.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @QWinUser,

Thank you for coming back to update us and for sharing your troubleshooting steps with other users who may be experiencing this issue.

We are happy to hear that you were able to reach a resolution.

Have a wonderful day!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.