Upgrading Quicken 15 for Mac data to Windows subscription

Options
orlewis3
orlewis3 Member

Hi, I am using Quicken 15 for Mac on an older computer that is running Mohave. Is it possible to upgrade my data to the current subscription version of Quicken using a PC without going through any intermediate steps?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The conversion from Quicken Mac to Quicken Windows is known to not work completely; specifically, if you have investment accounts, they are unlikely to transfer correctly. But if you have the Windows PC with Quicken installed, you could go ahead and give it a try to see how things convert.

Also, if you have a current Quicken subscription for your Windows PC, you can also download the current Mac subscription version (no additional cost) and it will install and run on your Mojave Mac. You can convert your Quicken Mac 2015 data to the current Quicken Mac subscription data format. I don't know if that will improve, or make any change in, how the conversion from Quicken Mac to Quicken Windows will go, but it might be worth a try.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The conversion from Quicken Mac to Quicken Windows is known to not work completely; specifically, if you have investment accounts, they are unlikely to transfer correctly. But if you have the Windows PC with Quicken installed, you could go ahead and give it a try to see how things convert.

Also, if you have a current Quicken subscription for your Windows PC, you can also download the current Mac subscription version (no additional cost) and it will install and run on your Mojave Mac. You can convert your Quicken Mac 2015 data to the current Quicken Mac subscription data format. I don't know if that will improve, or make any change in, how the conversion from Quicken Mac to Quicken Windows will go, but it might be worth a try.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • orlewis3
    orlewis3 Member
    Options

Thank you for that suggestion. I downloaded Quicken for Mac to my Mac and the data was upgraded and converted with no problem.

This discussion has been closed.