Failed updates on startup... ?

Options
ThatOneGuy
ThatOneGuy Member ✭✭

Does anyone else have this issue?

When starting quicken very couple of times it tries to do an app update and errors out saying it can't update.

The problem likely is that on this system TLS 1.0 / 1.1 are disabled, only TLS 1.2 and above are allowed in the settings on my system. Reversing this fixes the problem.

TLS 1.2 only works within the app updating all accounts, but apparently the part of the code at the beginning of Quicken's startup doesn't support this, or the server / CDN that's hosting the update files doesn't support TLS 1.2.

Either way this is very frustrating because I have to just download the Mondo patches from Quicken's website.

Anyone else seeing this?

Quicken? Are you aware and are you going to fix this? I've given it about a year before posting this question.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Next time you get this error during installation of a software update, please capture image snapshots of the error message.
    Would like to see exactly what error Quicken is reporting.

• ThatOneGuy
    ThatOneGuy Member ✭✭
    Options

Error doesn't happen if TLS 1.0 is re-enabled.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

saw this…. mean anything?? https://www.cloudflare.com/learning/ssl/why-use-tls-1.3/#:~:text=TLS%201.3%20is%20the%20latest,TLS%20handshakes%2C%20among%20other%20improvements.

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• ThatOneGuy
    ThatOneGuy Member ✭✭
    Options

TLS 1.3 is a new version of TLS, TLS 1.2 is the minimum standard these days. TLS 1.0 has flaws, and so does TLS 1.1 so they are recommended to be disabled if possible. That's why my systems don't allow them and this is really the only problem that's occurred on any part of my system. Account downloads work fine, just not the update when launching the app. Somewhere, something is negotiating below 1.2

This discussion has been closed.