Why am I seeing “More Accounts” in my account list?

dspiombo
dspiombo Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I have closed many accounts over the years in my quicken file, and I only wish to see my active accounts. But in my account list, at the bottom of each type of account (banking, investing, property) I am seeing 'more accounts'. When I select the more accounts - I see all my closed accounts and a selectable 'manage hidden accounts'.

Is this the way the app works? Or is there a way to turn off this 'more accounts' in my list.

thanks!

Best Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

That's the way it works.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓

I know of no way to remove or turn off the "more accounts" feature. Even though those accounts are closed, their historical data is needed for historical reporting and to maintain the integrity of your data file. Your currently open accounts are built upon the transactions of those closed accounts. Each account is usually not "stand-alone" but it intertwines, transactionally, with other accounts, open or closed. That being said, sometimes it is necessary to access these closed accounts to trouble shoot current data issues.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Quicken Windows Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

that’s where the Closed and Hidden accounts live - to maintain the integrity and cross relationship or transfers between accounts

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

That's the way it works.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓

I know of no way to remove or turn off the "more accounts" feature. Even though those accounts are closed, their historical data is needed for historical reporting and to maintain the integrity of your data file. Your currently open accounts are built upon the transactions of those closed accounts. Each account is usually not "stand-alone" but it intertwines, transactionally, with other accounts, open or closed. That being said, sometimes it is necessary to access these closed accounts to trouble shoot current data issues.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Quicken Windows Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

that’s where the Closed and Hidden accounts live - to maintain the integrity and cross relationship or transfers between accounts

This discussion has been closed.