Quicken Cloud account on second computer not working

pitosalas
pitosalas Quicken Mac Subscription Member

I have two macs. I installed and set up quicken mac (latest) on one computer. I set it up for mobile and cloud. I was able to access my data from the iPhone app.

On the other computer: I set up quicken for mac. It seemed to have created a new cloud account. Because in the cloud dialog box, I say show cloud accounts, it shows two. One was created two days ago and one right now.

I click on the one that was created two days ago (the good one) but it doesnt switch to it. It keeps showing me the new one that is all empty.

I think if I click "reset" it will lose all the info in the cloud account and make me worse off.

Comments

• Jon
    Jon Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited July 2023

What you're trying to do won't work. You can't use the Quicken Cloud account to sync data between two Macs like that. The best you can do is either move the file back & forth between the two computers (this is what I do - it's on the desktop when I'm at home & on the laptop when traveling) or use desktop Quicken on one Mac and the web interface on the other Mac.

• pitosalas
    pitosalas Quicken Mac Subscription Member

thanks. I used quicken in the 90s too. But I quit it when it became (from what I recall) worse and worse as years passed. This new one seems like a total rewrite. It’s excellent. But this particular limitation is still stuck in the 90s 😊

This discussion has been closed.