Keeping Investing Accounts Reconciled

Options
wab49
wab49 Member ✭✭
edited August 2023 in Investing (Mac)

After many years of using Quicken for Windows, I migrated to the Mac version several months ago. My major issues/questions relate to trying to keep investment accounts reconciled. Reconciliation of those accounts seems only to attempt to reconcile cash balance and not share balance. The shares seem to get way off for reasons I don't understand. As a starting point, is there any easy way to update share balances in these accounts to match the balances on my brokerage statements. These are mostly retirement accounts so keeping track of the dates and lots of each transactions is not that important. Thank you.

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

If you're not going to keep up with individual transactions then what you can do is every time you get your account statement you can use Add Shares or Remove Shares transactions to adjust the number of shares of each investment to the correct amount. That's basically what I did with my 401K at the end of each quarter, since I also did not want to deal with the weekly updates. There's nothing built in to Quicken to help you with that, you'll just have to compare Quicken's portfolio to your account statement & figure out the adjustments yourself.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

This discussion has been closed.