Options
david412w
david412w Member ✭✭

windows quicken deluxe

Answers

• david412w
    david412w Member ✭✭
    Options

after using quicken since 1980s i want to downsize without destroying progrem

• david412w
    david412w Member ✭✭
    Options

All i want do is downsize my categories because i have used many version since the 1990s. is this possible and is there any problems to doing this?

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @david412w,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. Are you trying to get rid of categories that are not in use (not in use = no transactions associated with them), or are you trying to consolidate categories that are in use (in use = there are transactions associated with those categories) in your file?

If you are trying to clear out unused categories, then this article gives information on deleting categories.

If you are trying to consolidate categories that are in use, then you may want to consider merging categories. This article gives more information on merging.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@david412w before doing any major data change - like merging or eliminating categories - you should make a backup of your file. That way you have good data available to restore if anything unexpected occurs during the clean up effort.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.