Historical Stock Prices Changed and Incorrect

Options
dan.greenberg.ct
dan.greenberg.ct Member ✭✭✭
edited September 2023 in Errors and Troubleshooting (Mac)

I noticed some spikes in my historical portfolio value that shouldn't be there and were not there prior to my last one step update. I narrowed the first change down to GOOG where it looked like the stock split price was not correct. I adjusted manually but there were other cases also. For example, I noticed a similar one day drop in AMZN and AAPL though I didn't check to see if there was any correlation to a split. Screenshot is below. The following day's price is again correct so I'm thinking it's something to do with the data feed from the source (Yahoo?). Anyone else seeing this? I'm hoping it will correct itself. Fingers crossed.

Comments

• dan.greenberg.ct
    Options

FYI, it looks like this started in mid 2022 pricing. It is sometimes a few random days in the month but almost all month-end prices are incorrect. I know I can delete them but I don't want incorrect month-end values. I'm also afraid that if I re-enter them, not only will I have to find every security impacted, I risk the values getting overwritten in a future download. Anyone else having this issue?

• reliable
    reliable Member
    Options

same issue here. Many stocks affected.

• reliable
    reliable Member
    Options

p.s. I see errors starting earlier than 2022 — some at least as far back as 2018. The errors showed up over the weekend and have not yet been updated as of July 18 morning.

• dan.greenberg.ct
    Options

Yes, I was referring to the latest errors as starting in 2022 but going back further. I started to delete the AMZN incorrect prices but gave up and tried to reimport from a csv file but that didn't seem to work. I guess I'll hope it gets fixed at the source.

• dan.greenberg.ct
    Options

I ended up deleting the bad prices. Now my month-ends are not accurate but they were much less accurate before the bad pricing updates. From what I can tell, it was in GOOG, AMZN and AAPL (and for some reason, but less frequently in Schwab Large Cap ETF). All the month-end prices before 6/2022 were bad and AMZN even had a few mid-month issues. The common thread was that they all had splits and the bad prices looked like they were split adjusted but should not have been (and weren't for non-month end values for the most part). Now my trends look like I expect.

• dan.greenberg.ct
    Options

Well that was a waste of time. My next one step update added the bad prices back. It looks like there is an option to preserve manually entered prices but I don't want to bother entering those.

• reliable
    reliable Member
    Options

I am surprised by how long this bug has persisted. Some stocks seem to have been corrected but many still in error.

• dan.greenberg.ct
    Options

My known 3 cusips (AAPL, AMZN, GOOG) still have incorrect pricing. Any chance you have those and see good values?

• reliable
    reliable Member
    Options

I see bad values in those too

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

My historical AAPL prices look OK up through mid 2015 (if they're wrong they aren't obviously wrong).

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• reliable
    reliable Member
    Options

my AAPL prices seem ok before 2017 . Glitches in starting in 2018.

This discussion has been closed.