Phantom memorized payees

Options
jimboa607
jimboa607 Member ✭✭
edited January 16 in Reports (Windows)

Often, random payees will spontaneously become memorized – requiring frequent deletion.

This problem has existed since I started using Quicken in 2007, through upgrades from basic, to premium, to Home and Small Business versions, past multiple updates, and several different computers – so the problem must be inherent in the software.

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you have the Preference Data entry and Quickfill > Automatically memorize new payees set?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

For me, these. phantom memorized payees showed up when I used the search and replace functions to mass change Payee Names, they would be added to my memorized payee lists.

Since I don't use memorized payees, ever, what was happening became very apparent.

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

I also don't have any of the memorized payee features turned on in Preferences, and my Memorized Payee List is aways kept empty. So it's definitely a bug when these phantom Payees get added when I use Find/Replace.

• PMarch
    PMarch Member
    Options

I have the same problem. Anytime I use the edit multiple transactions at once (which utilizes the find and replace method), quicken automatically adds all those payees to the memorized payee list. It doesn't matter if I am just changing the category or the tag, quicken will add the payee to the mem payee list. Any idea on how to prevent this?

This discussion has been closed.