Exclude Credit Card Payments from Report (Advanced Tab)

Options
dan.greenberg.ct
dan.greenberg.ct Member ✭✭✭
edited August 2023 in Reports (Mac)

I have a report that I created that I want to use to track my credit card expenditures for the billing cycle which in theory should tie to my statement charges. On the Advanced tab on the report, there is an option to unselect Credit Card Payment from the Transfers. I do have the payment coming out of my checking as a transfer but not sure what Action is used, if any, that would exclude the actual payment. Currently I have several actions that may have been created over the decades, such as XFR, XFER, TRANS, TXFR, and PAYMENT. I haven't tried all of them but none of the ones I have tried have excluded the payment. Does anyone know what triggers that exclusion? For now I have Exclude All Transfers which seems to do what I want but I'm curious how that Credit Card Payment option works. Thanks!

Comments

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

There's a Transfer: Credit Card Payment category that can be used for credit card payments, that report option is tied to that one specific category.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• dan.greenberg.ct
    dan.greenberg.ct Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Awesome, that worked. I never noticed that at the bottom of the list. Thanks Jon!

This discussion has been closed.