R51.10 new version Fails install [now fixed]

Options
fayoub
fayoub Member ✭✭

My current version R50.16 tells me there is an update available to R51.10 but the download aborts and tells me "An error occurred" "The update failed to download". I click the "Show details" button but the error box doesn't show any text. This occurred on 7/20/2023 at 2:00pm CST.

Comments

• xtexan
    xtexan Member ✭✭
    Options

same here - trying to update from R50.16 - encountered precisely the same error - 12pm PDT 7/20/2023

downloaded the latest available patch(R51.09) and received a slightly different error - "unable to check for updates, the server filed failed to load… could not parse the URL…" (see photo)

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Everett Sanmann
    Options

Same here

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

what is the Windows "user" name for creating your Windows files…. ?

does it have a space in it….. "Win User" vs "WinUser"

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• fayoub
    fayoub Member ✭✭
    Options
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

It worked for me just now. 13:44 PDT.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• fayoub
    fayoub Member ✭✭
    Options
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quickest fix for those who know how to change system variables: Move the Temp folder to a different folder location, away from …\Appdata\… and tell Windows about the new location

In Windows Control Panel / System / Advanced System Settings / Environment Variables both the TEMP and TMP variables usually point to a valid and existing folder, typically
    C:\Users\your_username_with_Space_here\AppData\Local\Temp
    I recommend you create a new folder, C:\Temp, and change both the TEMP and TMP user environment variables to point to C:\Temp, reboot Windows, verify the new Temp folder is now in use and try your Quicken installation again.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    edited July 2023
    Options

@UKR Why do you think the location of the temp folder matters in this case? It seems like an obvious server side problem.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

the Windows variable for \TEMP or \TMP might point to a path that has a Username with a space -
    but the installer URL doesn't reflect that path …

my Windows Username is - "Owner" - ….
    - go to the Windows bottom left blank white box
    - type CMD to get the DOS Command Prompt
    - at the DOS prompt - enter SET TEMP to see what your path looks like - along with displaying your User name

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Rocket J Squirrel
    edited July 2023
    Options

I don't believe this update issue has anything at all to do with anything on any user's PC. It cleared up when Quicken Inc. fixed it on the server.

The "wyserver" issue is different and unrelated to the OP's issue.

• Robert Reed
    Robert Reed Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue as fayoub. Happened yesterday afternoon and this morning a few minutes ago.

• sfpeter
    sfpeter Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem and the same error messages for this specific patch.

This discussion has been closed.