Not able to open my datafile

Options
Yaku.ve
Yaku.ve Member ✭✭

I'm not being able to open my quicken data file. This is not new. Have been having this issues for months and most of the times I have been able to open it after a second or third attempt. Today, again, is not opening no mater what I try. When trying to validate it will also hang.

I have been getting this issues for months now. Interacted multiple times with Quicken support via chat or phone. Every time the procedure is the same… uninstall, re install, update, validate, and if it opens, done, good bye but have no response about why is this happening, nobody looks at the quicken logs, and is like they are bored and want to run away from the issue.

The last time i called, the agent on call just gave up and just wanted me to create a new file from scratch (like using the software for more than 20 years have no importance and the data is… nothing). I pushed and escalated the issue. With the new guy I had other approach (and also noticed some "attitude") and ended moving quicken to another PC (with brand new OS installed). The file opened right away and, all pointed to my personal PC being the issue. I could not refute this affirmation given that it has been having some issues lately after an update, but days later guess what? Same issue. Opened after few attempts and today is just not opening.

Can anybody on this community help?

Sorry for the long text but this community is my last shot before I seriously look for other software alternatives.

btw, here is the content of a clean qw.log when trying to start quicken with my data file

Mon Jul 24 10:48:27 2023
Process id : 5144 Thread id : 5584 : Time 10:48:29 : DbC PreconditionViolation 'pDB != 0 && resourceType < GetNumResourceTypes() && pResource != 0 && !IsResourceVariableSize(resourceType) && pRsrcSpec != 0' in QDBGetResource (qdb.c @ line # 1749.)
Process id : 5144 Thread id : 5584 : Time 10:48:29 : DbC PreconditionViolation 'pDB != 0 && resourceType < GetNumResourceTypes() && pResource != 0 && !IsResourceVariableSize(resourceType) && pRsrcSpec != 0' in QDBPutResource (qdb.c @ line # 1822.)
Process id : 5144 Thread id : 5584 : Time 10:48:33 : DbC EnsureViolation 'pSchedTx->id.acctHandle != ((HACCOUNT) 0)' in SchedTransaction::ValidateBase (SchedTxn.cpp @ line # 4633.)
Process id : 5144 Thread id : 5584 : Time 10:48:33 : DbC EnsureViolation '0' in SchedTransaction::ValidateBase (SchedTxn.cpp @ line # 4645.)
Process id : 5144 Thread id : 5584 : Time 10:48:34 : DbC PreconditionViolation 'm_pSchedTxnSplitData == 0' in SchedTransaction::ReadAdjustInfo (SchedTxn.cpp @ line # 5463.)
Process id : 5144 Thread id : 5584 : Time 10:48:36 : DbC EnsureViolation 'schedTrans.IsValid()' in TP_GetSchedTxValue (taxprof.c @ line # 770.)
Process id : 5144 Thread id : 5584 : Time 10:48:36 : DbC PreconditionViolation 'myParentBankData != 0' in OnlineBankList::_UpdateParentServices (banklist.cpp @ line # 984.)
Process id : 5144 Thread id : 5584 : Time 10:48:40 : DbC PreconditionViolation '!DATE_IsNullDate(dtStart)' in DATE_GetNextSchedDate (utildate.c @ line # 4214.)

Thanks in advace

Comments

This discussion has been closed.