Credit score is still zero

Options
Miko60
Miko60 Member

I found a couple discussions, but looks like no resolution yet. Earlier this year my credit score on Quicken would also show zero. I tried to figure how to get help with Equifax and got nowhere. I requested a free credit score and it all looked ok with a good score that was not zero. Any idea when this will be fixed. It was always so hand to just click on the Quicken link for a score.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Miko60,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. When did you first notice this issue begin to occur? After a recent update? If so, which update? Are you receiving any error codes or messages?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Miko60
    Miko60 Member
    Options

Hi,

I cannot give you an exact period of time I noticed it. It was earlier this year in the spring, I want to say March or April. I just ignored it at first thinking it was just connecting issue with Quicken and Equifax. But after checking every few weeks, my score still shows zero from Quicken. What is interesting is all me debts are lumped into credit card. I am not getting any errors. I can even update my Brokerage portfolio with no problems.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Miko60,

Thank you for providing more information.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Miko60
    Miko60 Member
    Options

How does validating my data have anything to do the accuracy of my Credit Score by hitting a link that interfaces with Equifax?

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

While I can't explain why the original poster got a credit score of zero in Quicken, I think I can explain why that score is "still" zero.

I believe many Quicken users assume that their Quicken credit score is updated every time they download - but it's not.

Quicken user's credit scores are only updated once every three months: until the three months has passed, their Quicken credit score will not change.

Users should look at the top of the Quicken Credit Score window.  At the top left is the date of the score currently being presented; at the top right is the date their credit score will next be updated.

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Miko60
    Miko60 Member
    Options

I am aware that it updates every 3 months, next update is August 15th. I guess I will see if anything changes. I requested a credit report and score from Equifax and don't see any issues. If I go to my Chase portal, my credit score is 829. So I believe there is some issue with how the data is porting over to Quicken. If you search the discussions, I'm not alone with this problem. It doesn't seem like Quicken is very interested in helping to figure this out. Next step is to probably power cycle my PC (sarcasm).

• Miko60
    Miko60 Member
    Options

After the August 15th update my credit score looks correct now, no longer says zero.

This discussion has been closed.