Anyone else have corrupted datafile after 7/24 Quicken update?

Options
davidw.ramsey62
davidw.ramsey62 Member ✭✭
edited September 2023 in Installing and Updating (Windows)

Yesterday Quicken automatically installed an update, and my checking balance went from posititve 8k to negative 12k. This has happened to me three times now, and working with support they said last time to turn off Sync of "Mobile & Web" in preferences, but I would have to build my datafile from scratch. Well, I left that turned off, and it happened again yesterday, and apparently, the only way for me to recover is to rebuild the datafile (again, for the third time). I go to report a problem in Quicken, and it errors out and can't submit a report. I am about done with this program.

Answers

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

No data file corruption on my systems and data files.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@davidw.ramsey62 It sounds like the checking account's opening balance was changed. That would throw off the balances for the entire account history.

Do you have a recent back up taken before the issue occurred that you can restore?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• mshiggins
    Options

Here is one of the discussions on the account opening balance getting changed:

• Mbi Ent
    Mbi Ent Member ✭✭
    Options

I know what they did, but not why. After the most recent update, the cost basis for many of my securities was lost. Once I got the transaction registers back to Complete, versus Simple, (another mystery) I saw there were many transactions removing a security and then adding the same security back in to the same account. I know from past experience, this exercise loses the cost basis of that security. It's bad enough the updates(?) always screw around with the column widths, in the investment registers, but deleting the security's cost basis - well that's going a little too far. Time to take maintenance away from the 6th graders and make this a 9th grade class project.

• mshiggins
    edited August 2023
    Options

There should be a backup automatically made before the patch was applied. Suggest you restore that backup.

This discussion has been closed.