Fidelity CUSIP Constantly Changing?

Options
kleinfelter
kleinfelter Member ✭✭

I have 4 securities in a Fidelity account. When I download transactions, sometimes Fidelity sends CUSIP numbers OJJ8, OJJ4, OJPH, OJJ7 but within the same download it also sends NON40OJJ8, NON40OJJ4, NON40OJPH, NON40OJJ7. Note that the numbers are the same, except there is sometimes a prefix of NON40.

This causes Quicken to ask me to match each security multiple times, and Qicken is updating the CUSIP with each match.

Anyone seen anything like this? Is there a better work-around than to accept each version of the CUSIP and track two "securities" in Quicken that are really the same security?

Tagged:

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Those are not US CUSIP values. Are you running Q Canada?

Name any one of those securities, and I can look up the CUSIP.

BTW, Q doesn't need CUSIP values.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• kleinfelter
    kleinfelter Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for your reply. The assets are non-public funds available within the AT&T Retirement Savings Plan. For years and years, has sent the same (pseudo) CUSIP in the download, to uniquely identify them. This month, they've started varying.

e.g. One of the funds is "TOTAL US STOCK INDEX" and 100% of the fund is invested in "BlackRock US Equity Market F".

Given that the pseudo-CUSIP is something made up by Fidelity, it may boil down to, "How can I best cope with a 'security' whose CUSIP number varies, causing Quicken to think it is different securities on different days?" My current process is to go though the security-matching process with each download, telling it that the downloaded "TOTAL US STOCK INDEX" is the same as the previously seen "TOTAL US STOCK INDEX", and that's… primitive.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried contacting Fidelity? It seems like this is their problem to remedy.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Q uses the security symbol, not the CUSIP. Is the symbol changing also?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• kleinfelter
    kleinfelter Member ✭✭
    Options

There is no symbol.

• pantz9
    pantz9 Member ✭✭
    Options

Similar problem. After downloading from a Fidelity 401(k), I repeatedly get asked to match the security with an existing security or set it up as a new security. I can select the existing security each time and the balances match up. But the same thing happens the next time. I've tried setting it up as a new security, but that doesn't solve the problem either. Looks like the fund IDs and/or CUSIP numbers aren't being sent properly by Fidelity or aren't being saved properly in Quicken.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.