Elevations Credit Union issues

Options
DerekT
DerekT Member ✭✭

Is anyone else having issues reconnecting their accounts after the migration? I enter my credentials and then it thinks for a while. Then I get a generic, "Sorry. We encountered and error. (It's not your fault)". I have tried the chat to try to speak with someone, but they are either slammed or the chat isn't being monitored as I am not getting connected.

I have looked at logs and I can't really find anything pointing to the problem.

Comments

• DerekT
    DerekT Member ✭✭
    Options

I finally got connected to a real person and she said this:

There are a few quicken/quickbooks services that many of our members use and the instructions are a little different for each. Our digital team confirmed that the conversion for that can take up to 5 days. If you're still not able to connect by Monday, please let us know!

The migration instructions said nothing about it taking up to 5 days.

• fw6322+
    fw6322+ Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Did a Reset Account today (7-27-23) and was able to relink the accounts with Elevations. Download worked and is good for now.

• fw6322+
    Options

7-28-23- Downloads are not consistent when Q gets updated. The connection is Express Web versus Direct Connect in the past.

In the past if there was a transaction on the web or smart phone it would download the next time Quicken did a download. With the Express Web connect it seems to take some time before Quicken can download transaction. Haven't determined the logic being used by Elevations or Quicken.

• DerekT
    DerekT Member ✭✭
    Options

Yeah, I am having issues still. It won't download new transactions. When I sync, there are no errors though.

• fw6322+
    Options

My downloads are not working this morning (7-31-23) and there are transactions on the web site.

No errors also and at least its connecting.

• fw6322+
    Options

Was able to do a download around 12:45PM.

Is your online Balance good?

• wogallery
    wogallery Member
    Options

Two issues:

1. When trying to reconnect my accounts to online services, got the message: ~could not connect to the Elevation web site.
      Cause: anti virus software (Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office)
      Solution: pause Acronis anti-virus.
    2. Cannot reconnect my Home Equity-line-0f-credit (HELOC) account: cannot match the existing account in Quicken with the account in my bank (Elevations Credit Union). I had no problem reconnecting checking and savings.
      The Quicken Add Account window shows:

The "Link to existing …" dropdown does not show any accounts.

In the Account List, this account is listed under "Credit".
    Before the migration, I had no problem connecting and downloading to this account.

Is the problem that Quicken considers this account a loan and not banking or credit?

Suggestions?

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @wogallery,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Yes; the account type limits which accounts you can link to. Have you tried switching to "Add to Quicken" and see if that gives you the option to change the account type from loan to credit?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• DerekT
    DerekT Member ✭✭
    Options

There must be some sort of batch job that runs because this morning I was able to download a couple of new transactions, but not all of them. Since it is the 1st day of the month, I accrued interest on a couple of accounts and those downloaded. However, new credit card transactions didn't download. My online balance is updating.

• DerekT
    DerekT Member ✭✭
    Options

is the memo downloading for other folks? I am not getting anything.

I think this migration was a step backwards actually. This is from another post about Express Web Connect:

• The "Express Web Connect" is a process that involves a "third-party aggregator" downloading the data onto its servers (usually overnight) and Quicken then picks-up that data the next day from the aggregator's systems.  This is potentially less secure because it depends on the security of the third party aggregator.

• fw6322+
    edited August 2023
    Options

7-31-23 around 9:30 PM did download and got all the month end transactions.

8-1-23 Transactions for the 1st of month downloaded after 11:00AM. Nothing at 7:00AM.

Did a call with Elevations asking the process of downloads and haven't heard back.

• fw6322+
    Options

Talked to Elevations today (8-3-23) and they aren't seeing the download delays.

Elevations suggested to call Quicken.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello All,

Due to the nature of this issue, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.