Split Investment Transactions on Investment Reports

Options
QWinUser
QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2023 in Reports (Windows)

I noticed that you can create split investment transactions, but the "Investment Transactions" report doesn't seem to have an option to show them.

You can easily create split investment transactions:

But when you try to create an investment report showing the splits, you don't seem to have that option available.

Here is a split investment transaction I created:

This is how it's shown on transaction reports:

The main memo is repeated three times, But the split categories are shown as "—Split—" and the split memos are not shown.

I am not sure how many users use split investment transactions, but it is strange the the capability to create them exists, but there is no option show them in reports.

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

what about showing the investment transactions in a BANKING report?

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@q_lurker that works if you only wanted to create an investment report for cash transactions only. But that is a workaround.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

if you only wanted to create an investment report for cash transactions only

Not sure what that meant. Banking Transaction report is different, but it does include buys, sells, reinvestments.

There certainly should be a method to display split cash transactions in the Investment Transaction report. No argument there.

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@q_lurker - Any investment transaction that involves a security and shares does not show properly on a Banking Transaction report. Only cash transactions in an investment account show properly on a Banking Transaction report.

This discussion has been closed.