Capital One - add credit card account to Quicken (July 2023)

Options
beetreaux
beetreaux Member ✭✭

I have tried perusing prior posts on this. They all seem closed and with no solution, so here I go again.

I am unable to add my Capital One (CO) credit card. Set up on line > search for financial institution (I tried several CO versions) > Sign In

This opens a web browser (Chrome) at the CO login page. The Quicken page has a blue spinny while waiting for the CO-Sign In to go through. I use the exact login that normally opens my on-line account. Neither page changes: CO doesn't log in and Quicken doesn't stop spinning.

I called Capital One and they blame Quicken. I can't move from this impasse.

Is there a solution?

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I use the Capital One Card Services financial institution and it has been working well for quite some time for me.

Do you have other Capitol One credit card(s) already set up in Quicken? If so, you should deactivate it/them and then try Add Account, again, making sure to Link the downloads to the appropriate accounts or to Add the account if it is a new one not currently in Quicken.

Or did you have this credit card set up previously? If so, I suggest that you go to Account Details > General tab > delete all the Financial Institution Information in the upper right quadrant (everything above the Contact Name field).

Regarding your browser: Some things that might want to consider trying:

• Do you have popups enabled? If not, enable them (at least for Cap One).
    • Whitelist Cap One in your anti-malware apps (or temporarily deactive them).
    • Are you using a VPN? If so, try turning it off.
    • If your Chrome browser still does not complete the authorization process, try temporarily setting up a different browser as your default browser. My default browser is Firefox but with some of my EWC+ authorizations it did not work so I changed the default to MS Edge is the authorization completed properly.

Let me know if any of these things helped to resolve the issue.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• beetreaux
    beetreaux Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Boatnmaniac, THANK YOU! I changed the browser from Chrome to Microsoft Edge and it worked instantly. This was my only account, so I didn't need to disable anything.

Thank you again.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

You are welcome. I am glad it worked for you. Thanks for posting that here so others who might have this issue will know about this possible solution for them.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

I use the Capital One Card Services financial institution and it has been working well for quite some time for me.

Do you have other Capitol One credit card(s) already set up in Quicken? If so, you should deactivate it/them and then try Add Account, again, making sure to Link the downloads to the appropriate accounts or to Add the account if it is a new one not currently in Quicken.

Or did you have this credit card set up previously? If so, I suggest that you go to Account Details > General tab > delete all the Financial Institution Information in the upper right quadrant (everything above the Contact Name field).

Regarding your browser: Some things that might want to consider trying:

• Do you have popups enabled? If not, enable them (at least for Cap One).
    • Whitelist Cap One in your anti-malware apps (or temporarily deactive them).
    • Are you using a VPN? If so, try turning it off.
    • If your Chrome browser still does not complete the authorization process, try temporarily setting up a different browser as your default browser. My default browser is Firefox but with some of my EWC+ authorizations it did not work so I changed the default to MS Edge is the authorization completed properly.

Let me know if any of these things helped to resolve the issue.

• beetreaux
    beetreaux Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Boatnmaniac, THANK YOU! I changed the browser from Chrome to Microsoft Edge and it worked instantly. This was my only account, so I didn't need to disable anything.

Thank you again.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

You are welcome. I am glad it worked for you. Thanks for posting that here so others who might have this issue will know about this possible solution for them.

This discussion has been closed.