How do I make all securities that are sold always use average cost as basis

Options
Jimmin
Jimmin Member ✭✭
edited September 2023 in Investing (Windows)

Every time a security is sold I cannot accept all downloaded transactions. I have to individually go to every entry and then select average cost. There are usually anywhere from 30-50 a week. I went into the securities and made sure the option is average cost under edit security details. It still makes me do this for every entry. Is there a way to have Quicken accept all as average cost. Quicken Deluxe on Win10.

Answers

• Q97
    Q97 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

You can set the default lots after download to first shares or last shares, but not average cost, which AFAIK is not applicable to most stock sales

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Jimmin - I was under the impression that Average Cost to determine gains was not allowed for sale of stock. That being said, I wonder how you have that as an option for a stock fund? When I go into my security list, the Average Cost option is only available for the Mutual Fund security type.

• Jimmin
    Jimmin Member ✭✭
    Options

I saw this post and tried it. I didnt really care if it was lots or average cost. I just didn't want to manually have to accept all. This post resolved it and will accept all downloaded entries without prompting.

This discussion has been closed.