iTHINK Financial money market account not found

Options
EvDob
EvDob Member ✭✭

Quicken R51.10 stopped downloading transactions from my money market account, and now when I reset the online access, it fails to find the account. Quicken finds my savings & checking accounts OK.

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

still looks like it should work -

12536 12536 12536 iTHINK Financial
    https://www.ithinkfi.org/ 1-800-888-3900
    https://onlinebanking.ithinkfi.org/Authentication/Login.aspx ACTIVE
    BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&DIRECT
    BANKING&WEB-CONNECT
    BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @EvDob,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is your connection method with iThink? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List. When did you first notice this issue? After a recent update? If so, which update? Do you receive any error codes or messages?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• EvDob
    EvDob Member ✭✭
    Options

Jasmine, the connection method is express web connect. I'm not sure when this started, possibly when iTHINK changed their systems mid-July. There was no error code or clue to anything wrong, although there were transactions to be downloaded.

I noticed that when I tried to update the account, the One Step Update Summary listed Discover Card instead of iTHINK Financial. I did a Validate, and now I can see the account at iTHINK and download transactions, but the OSA Summary still wrongly lists Discover Card.

• EvDob
    EvDob Member ✭✭
    Options

Updated to latest R51.12, and now the OSA Summary is blank after updating iTHINK Financial.

Lately I've been getting these on every validate:

QDF:

Validating your data.

Quicken repaired ACCT_11e4a account. No action required.

Quicken found a damaged scheduled reminder and removed it. Please check your scheduled reminders by going to Tools>Manage Bills and Income Reminders.

• EvDob
    EvDob Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine , are the OSA Summary missing bank, repairing unknown account, and damaged scheduled reminder known issues?

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @EvDob,

Thank you for providing more information.

You can view Quicken's known issues by navigating to our Alerts Page. Are you still experiencing the same issue with being unable to add your IThink account(s) to Quicken?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

• EvDob
    EvDob Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine your alerts page is too much to wade through. I thought you would be able to answer off the top of your head. My issues look more like general bugs than problems with specific banks & brokers.

I was able to add my iTHINK account.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Good to hear that you were finally able to add your account.

About file validation:

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    Quicken repaired ACCT_11e4a account. No action required.

After validation, this temporary account, a holdover from bugs encountered several years ago, should be able to be deleted, either from Tools / Account List or from Tools / Category List

P.S.: It should not be necessary to run Validate and/or Supervalidate frequently or on a regular schedule, unless you suffer from frequent crashes in Quicken … and those should be reported to Quicken Support.

• EvDob
    EvDob Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks UKR, for some reason Quicken runs a validate after I move transactions between investment accounts. (That's after it had downloaded them to the wrong account.)

I was able to delete the temp accounts from the category list.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @EvDob,

Thank you for reaching back out and letting us know.

We are happy to hear that you were able to reach a resolution. Would you mind sharing the troubleshooting steps that you took so that way other users who are experiencing the same issue with their iThink account(s) may find this thread?

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

• EvDob
    EvDob Member ✭✭
    Options

Jasmine, I did a Quicken file Validate & Repair, which seemed to fix the problem.

This discussion has been closed.