How to get Bill and Income Reminder tab to display for linked cash account?

Options

Is there some setting to get linked cash accounts to show the Bill and Income Reminders tab? It seems to disappear when there are downloaded transactions.
This problem has existed for a couple of years now.

Here's an example of the missing tab even though Reminders exist.

Here's a regular cash account with the reminders displayed.

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

Comments

• hornet96
    hornet96 Member ✭✭
    Options

I've just started using the Fidelity CMA and noticed the exact same problem this morning. After I closed Quicken and re-opened, the Bills & Income Reminders tab reappeared. So this is definitely a bug in Quicken.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Closing and reopening Quicken did not help me. I'll try that again though.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Your Community profile's signature line shows: Deluxe R49.33., Windows 10 Pro
    Are you really a few software updates behind or does the signature line need updating?

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am still on R49.33 due to Tax Planner issue in R51.12.

However, this BIll and Reminder tab problem has been around for a few years.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

As far as software updates are concerned … Whatever works for you …

BTW, did you start the process to accept downloaded transactions from the investment register first and then proceeded to the linked Cash account?

I have no idea why the Reminders tab doesn't show in your Cash register … bug or feature?
    My years-old linked investment account shows the Reminders tab in both accounts

If you set the little clock icon in the Cash register to "Show reminders for next xx days" … does that make a difference?

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Here's the strange thing, if there are no transactions downloaded for review, the BIll and Income Reminders tab displays.

Here's the same account as above with the Bill and Income Reminders tab showing since there are no downloaded transactions.

"BTW, did you start the process to accept downloaded transactions from
    the investment register first and then proceeded to the linked Cash
    account? "

I just use whatever order OSU uses. I don't know the order it uses for multiple Fidelity accounts.

"If you set the little clock icon in the Cash register to "Show reminders for next xx days" … does that make a difference?"

I'll give it a try. They are all set for don't show reminders, but the non-linked accounts don't have this problem.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

@UKR

I tried the little clock option and it actually adds the reminder to the register and alters the account balance. I would prefer to review the reminder before having it enter into the register.

Thanks for the suggestion. It was worth a try.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

You had better luck than me. Closing an reopening didn't work for me. Curious, what version of Quicken are you on?

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I just downloaded 4 transactions for review to the CMA account again. The Bill and Reminders tab disappeared. I accepted all the downloaded transactions. The tab did not reappear. I restarted Quicken, the Bills and Reminders tab now displays.

• hornet96
    hornet96 Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm on Quicken Premier, R51.12. Had the same thing happen today - tab disappeared after downloading transactions, then reappeared when I closed and reopened Quicken. Definitely frustrating.

This discussion has been closed.