Is R51.12 for all users?

Options
leishirsute
leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭

Got email 8/2/23 announcement that R51.10 was available for all users.

When I tried updating, R51.12 was given as the update version.

Is R51.12 for all users? What is the difference between R51.10 and R51.12?

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

Best Answer

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The announcement in R51.xx has been updated for R51.12.

Thanks

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

See the Announcement. It's a hotfix and is in general release.:

You can update to it from within Quicken or optionally download the Manual Patch for it (my preference) from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product . (Correction: The patch is not yet available for manual download. It should be available within the next day or so.)

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

The original Announcement was for a staged release for R51.10 on July 21. If you scroll down to the last post on the thread, you will see the announcement for R50.12 (hotfix)

I just checked and the Mondo patch for R50.12 is not out there yet. So, for now the only way to get the update is through Help—> "Check for updates".

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

@QWinUser -

I just checked and the Mondo patch for R50.12 is not out there yet.

Thanks for catching this. I could have sworn when I went there earlier it was available. It should be available there for manual download within the next day or so. I have corrected my post above.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Rocket J Squirrel -The links in the Mondo Support Article have not been updated. When you click on the link R51.10 is downloaded. I just checked it again just now.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

The link on that page hasn't been updated, but one can extrapolate the patch's filename and download it directly. The link I posted above works.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The announcement in R51.xx has been updated for R51.12.

Thanks

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

Now I'm seeing something strange. After installing R51.12, "check for updates" still wants me to update to R51.12.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

I would wait until the official patch download link is updated. I'd be concerned about what I was really downloading and installing if it were via an extrapolated URL. @Rocket J Squirrel's post just reinforced that concern for me.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

I have a second PC which gets new QWin releases for evaluation. My production PC waits for stable releases.

This discussion has been closed.