Has Version R51.12 Solved the Failure to download Discover Bank transactions problem??

Options
westelsdon
westelsdon Member ✭✭

I see that there is a new version of Quicken: R51.12. Has anyone tried it? Did it solve the problem with Quicken being unable to download Discover Bank transactions?? I read the list of fixes and it's written in language only a coder of Quicken can understand, while I'm an engineer and can usually parse out tech data written by coders and other engineers, this situation requires a crisp and clear statement and I haven't seen it yet.

So! Has Version R51.12 Solved the Failure to download Discover Bank transactions problem that's been festering for at least 2 months??

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @westelsdon,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

As of now, the known issue with Discover Bank is still ongoing. We do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. Please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates and information.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

FWIW, when I have lost Discover Card access with CC-800 error, the only means of restoring has been to restore from a backup taken when the connection was working. Then deactivate the Discover account(s) and reactivate.

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

FWIW, when I have lost Discover Card access with CC-800 error, the only fix has been to restore from a backup taken when the connection was working. Then deactivate the Discover account(s) and reactivate.

Using Ctrl + F3 on Contact Info in Online Center used to be a means of deleting the Discover connection info in the data file. Now though, when in the CC-800 error condition, even though the Discover account register details shows it is disconnected the connection info cannot be deleted because Quicken thinks the connection is still active. In my case the condition is an issue with the data file/cloud file not being cleansed of Discover connection info rather than Discover connection. A new data file creates a Discover connection without issue. I suspect, this is also the case for users following the alert.

• westelsdon
    westelsdon Member ✭✭
    Options

I was able to reconnect to my Discover Card account a couple of weeks ago using the then-current version of Quicken, but my savings account at Discover Bank was still having trouble. I followed some instructions and rolled my Quicken program back to R49.29 and was able to reconnect to my Discover Bank account. I was not getting a CC-800 error then or since - I'm fairly certain that your issue and mine (as well as many others) is not the same and is not amenable to the solution you proposed.

I'm waiting for confirmation that some future version of Quicken will let me connect to both my Discover Card and Discover Bank accounts and download transactions without hassle. Until then, I plan to refuse to update the version of Quicken away from R49.29.

• Winnder
    Winnder Member ✭✭
    Options

westelsdon, if you will share how you rolled your Quicken program back to R49.29, I would try it. Thanks!

• Winnder
    Winnder Member ✭✭
    Options

@westelsdon never mind. I found the link you provided in another chat thread, https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.49.29MPatch.EXE. It worked like a charm. Thank you!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.