Why does this keep happening? Info added to Memo line in downloaded transactions disappears

Options
moreisbetter
moreisbetter Member ✭✭

While reconciling downloaded transactions, I have always been able to enter information into the Memo line before selecting the Category and Tag. But lately any information I've added to the Memo line in downloaded transactions disappears as soon as I select a Category, and then has to be reentered. 😡 I am using Quicken Home and Business v51.12 - but this has been happening for several months, and with ALL of my financial institutions. It is getting quite annoying! Has this been happening for anyone else? It seems like a glitch, but it has not been fixed by any updates so far.

Quicken user since 1980s (DOS)Quicken for Windows Home & Business (subscription)Windows 10 Pro x64 on a desktop PC with 24-in wide-screen monitor

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

HI @moreisbetter

You indicate that it is "happening with ALL of my financial institutions" which I understand, but my question is - is it happening with every transaction you are posting, or just certain ones?

Get back to me and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• moreisbetter
    moreisbetter Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, it happens with every transaction. If I remember to select the Category and Tag first, then type in the Memo, it doesn't disappear. But I have always typed Memo first, and this is driving me mad!

Quicken user since 1980s (DOS)Quicken for Windows Home & Business (subscription)Windows 10 Pro x64 on a desktop PC with 24-in wide-screen monitor
  • Pedro504
    Pedro504 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

You Don't Have to Have a Point, To Have A Point

This discussion has been closed.