Quicken Home & Business not working in Canada

Options
cnn5
cnn5 Member
edited September 2023 in All Things Canadian (Windows)

I have been using the Q16 version for Canada, and it has been satisfactory so far. However, I wanted to upgrade to a newer version, but I came across an article from two years ago stating that the new owner of the software had acquired it from Intuit Inc. and discontinued the Canadian version. According to the article, the new version also lacked support for the GST (Canadian goods & services tax). Despite this information, earlier this year, I decided to give the new version a try and purchased it. Unfortunately, after spending hours with customer support, I encountered numerous issues and ultimately had to request a refund and uninstall the software.

Today, I was once again informed that Quicken Home & Business is now supposed to be compatible with Canadian tax requirements. Feeling hopeful, I purchased the Canadian version directly from the Quicken site. To my dismay, I find myself facing the same problems as before. I am frustrated with this situation and wish the company would clarify once and for all if their software truly works in Canada or not. This ongoing uncertainty is incredibly annoying and has been a source of inconvenience for me.

Best Answer

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I've never used the invoice functionality, so I've never run into this issue. I recommend you use the Report-a-Problem feature found in the Help menu to report this issue to technical support. I suggest reporting the issue periodically using this method until it gets fixed. Hope that helps.

Answers

• Arctic Hare
    Options

I suggest you provide more specific details as to the functionality you require. There are many Canadian users… and I have been using Quicken for 3 decades. There are some deficiencies and imperfections with the Canadian feature set, but no show stoppers for me.

• cnn5
    cnn5 Member
    Options

This is when you download the new Canadian version, the Tax (GST) shows on the right hand side as (T) and the bottom as highlighted. Once you close the application and start it, the GST (T) disappears from the right hand side and the bottom and nothing you can do to create a new invoice that shows the tax columns again! … Thanks

• Arctic Hare
    Answer ✓
    Options

I've never used the invoice functionality, so I've never run into this issue. I recommend you use the Report-a-Problem feature found in the Help menu to report this issue to technical support. I suggest reporting the issue periodically using this method until it gets fixed. Hope that helps.

This discussion has been closed.