Macros for Quick, Repetitive (non-schedule-able) Register Entries

Options
adsoft2015
adsoft2015 Mac Beta Beta
edited September 2023 in Registers & Transactions (Mac)

I would like a feature like a macro, which would allow me to quickly enter repetitive information. I use scheduled transactions to easily enter transactions that occur on a regular date and for a fixed amount. However, I have a number of common transactions that aren't always scheduleable, like commuting fees or health insurance reimbursements, but that do have a fixed price. I'd like the ability to add these transactions with a click of a button.

Quicken user since 1992... Version 1!

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

How about setting up a QuickFill transaction for these? You can have multiple QuickFill for each payee. When you start typing the payee name, a dropdown will appear that list all the QuickFill transactions for that payee. Just select the one you want, which can have the amount, category, memo etc. all pre-set.

https://help.quicken.com/display/MAC/Adding%2BQuickFill%2Brules

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • adsoft2015
    adsoft2015 Mac Beta Beta
    Options

That's not a bad idea; however, it wouldn't allow me to save the amount. Having the ability to add a full transaction, including Payee, Category and amount with 1 easy click, would be very helpful. I find I have a number of transactions with the same amount, that come at random times, think Commuting costs or doctor appointments. Unfortunately a QuickFill will only solve part of this problem.

Quicken user since 1992... Version 1!
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

No, QuickFills can be saved with the amount and most all other fields.

Here's an example of what the dropdown looks like after typing couple letters of the payee name in the Payee column for a payee that has two QuickFill transactions:

Here's what each of those look like after accepting into the register:

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.