Pending Transactions STILL included in Online Balance for Chase Bank (Checking)

Richard Teitelman
Richard Teitelman Quicken Windows 2017 Member ✭✭

I saw the recent Aug 3 RESOLVED note on this issue, but it is still NOT Resolved. It's been at least a year now ever since that big change that Chase Bank did a year ago. This morning I downloaded my transactions and the reconcilation told me I was off by $577 which was one pending deposit of $583 and one pending payment of $6. and it added a balance adjustment of $577 which I deleted. So clearly pending transactions are STILL included in the online balance being used for reconcilation. I hate to be snarky, but WHY after a year can't you get them to provide you with the posted balance and not what they call the "available" balance. What is so hard here, I do not understand. My only guess is that Chase does not want to address the issue. If that is the case, can someone just please say so?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @Richard Teitelman,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community, though we apologize that you are still experiencing this.

If you are still experiencing this issue after the Alert was marked resolved, then you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Richard Teitelman
    edited August 2023

Just opened a ticket reporting that this issue is ONGOING for me. Ticket number: 10393752.

My only hope is that Chase did fix it, but the fix did not make it to the Chase Server that my PC with Quicken communicates with.

It would be helpful if Quicken Anja could clearly explain the cause of the issue and what has to be done to fix it.

• Richard Teitelman

I have confirmed this morning that this is STILL not working. Before using Quicken, I looked at my online chase checking account and saw two pending transactions for $35. Downloaded and reconciled and Quicken added a Balance adjustment of $35. The online balance Quicken shows at the bottom of the screen is still what Chase calls "available balance" and includes some (all?) pending transactions.

• Richard Teitelman

One last try today, still not right. I'd appreciate a reply from Quicken support on what is happening. Obviously somebody did something on the Chase side and I assume they just told Quicken support it was fixed.

This discussion has been closed.