Online Payees Question

Options
James114
James114 Member ✭✭✭

Quicken has a list of my online Payees which is separate from my memorized pay list. Can I remove all online payee list form the Quicken?
Will they also be removed from my bank's web site?

Thanks,
James

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @James114,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. The Online Payee list is associated with Direct Connect. That is information that comes directly from the financial institution. Whether deleting the payee in Quicken will also delete it from the financial institution depends on whether that financial institution permits it (you can see more information in this article on deleting online payments and payees). If you do not use the Direct Connect bill pay through Quicken and your financial institution offers an alternate connection method, another way to get rid of that Online Payees list would be to reconnect the accounts using Express Web Connect. Please make sure to backup your Quicken file prior to deactivating/reconnecting an account.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• James114
    James114 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken is using Direct Connect.
    Only thing I don't like is whenever I open the Payee drop down in order to add a transaction or add a manual bill the
    Online Payees are listed along with my memorized transactions. Although they are clearly marked as '<Online Payee>'
    it's a bit confusing.

Thanks,

James

This discussion has been closed.