At launch should Quicken automatically take you to the current date in your register? (Q Mac)

Options
DavidH008
DavidH008 Member ✭✭
edited September 2023 in Registers & Transactions (Mac)

Quicken Mac v7.2.1

Mostly work with my main checking account. Lately when opening Quicken I'm taken to entries in January 2023 instead of the entries on or near the current date. Then I have to manually scroll down to the recent transactions. This only happens on my main checking account. I can go to any other account (savings, credit card), click on the latest transaction, close Quicken and reopen and the register will show the latest transactions. I do the same with my checking account and it always opens with a transaction from 1/26/23 highlighted.

I noticed this, i believe, after an update.

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

This is a glitch that I've seen occasionally. What usually fixes it for me is the following. Open the register and scroll to the most recent transaction. Make an edit to the most recent transaction (such as adding a character to the Memo). Save the change, then immediately quit Quicken. You may need to repeat a couple times.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

This is a glitch that I've seen occasionally. What usually fixes it for me is the following. Open the register and scroll to the most recent transaction. Make an edit to the most recent transaction (such as adding a character to the Memo). Save the change, then immediately quit Quicken. You may need to repeat a couple times.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • DavidH008
    DavidH008 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thought I was making changes almost every time i went into my checking register. That seemed to work. Matching transactions, changing a category, etc…but this seems to have worked.

Thank You

This discussion has been closed.