Is downloading detailed transactions from Vanguard available for QMac ?

Options
snsokstan
snsokstan Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in Investing (Mac)

I've read so many posts here but I can't find a final answer.

When I download transactions, all my accounts update holdings including Vanguard.

Vanguard is the only one that won't show transactions . "Transactions" is not a link, unlike my other accounts.

I tried disconnecting and reconnecting but I couldn't choose "detailed transactions."

I went to Vanguard's site, downloaded QFX file. When I imported it, I saw that it was updating transactions. But I still can't see them in Quicken. The word "Transactions" in the Dashboard banner is still not an active link (attached)

So, transactions are or are not visible in Quicken? I am OK having to fetch a QFX file but even that doesn'ts solve my issue.

Do I not have the right version of Quicken or what?

Quicken for Mac Premier 7.2.1 macOS 13.4.1

Best Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @snsokstan,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. Whether or not transactions are available to view in investment accounts depends on whether the financial institution supports it and how you are connected to the financial institution through Quicken. When I check Vanguard - Personal Investors in Quicken, I see the only connection option they offer is Quicken Connect, which does not give you the ability to download transactions (in the sample image below, you can see Direct Connect is greyed out, meaning its not available).

If you're able to connect the account(s) using Vanguard rather than Vanguard - Personal Investors, then you'd be able to click the Advanced button, and select Direct Connect.

If you're not able to connect to Vanguard instead of Vanguard - Personal Investors, then to be able to view transactions, you may need to backup your file, deactivate the account(s), then go to Account Settings for the account(s) and choose Detailed (positions and transactions) to be able to view transactions imported via .QFX files.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Does that mean you changed from the Vanguard-Personal Investor entry to the plain Vanguard entry -
    and all is good ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @snsokstan,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. Whether or not transactions are available to view in investment accounts depends on whether the financial institution supports it and how you are connected to the financial institution through Quicken. When I check Vanguard - Personal Investors in Quicken, I see the only connection option they offer is Quicken Connect, which does not give you the ability to download transactions (in the sample image below, you can see Direct Connect is greyed out, meaning its not available).

If you're able to connect the account(s) using Vanguard rather than Vanguard - Personal Investors, then you'd be able to click the Advanced button, and select Direct Connect.

If you're not able to connect to Vanguard instead of Vanguard - Personal Investors, then to be able to view transactions, you may need to backup your file, deactivate the account(s), then go to Account Settings for the account(s) and choose Detailed (positions and transactions) to be able to view transactions imported via .QFX files.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Kirsty
    Kirsty Member
    Options

Thank you for this response. I spent years managing on Quicken Mac with my Vanguard detailed transactions and they suddenly stopped downloading just this week. Without this fix I would have spent hours typing in everything manually.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Does that mean you changed from the Vanguard-Personal Investor entry to the plain Vanguard entry -
    and all is good ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.