Citibank cc-800 again

Options
jlz0418
jlz0418 Member ✭✭

Getting cc-800 on Citibank yet again. Performing an account reset doesn't help. Product is becoming more and more unreliable by the day.

Tagged:

Comments

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yep, same thing here. I kept track of it in a spreadsheet. I could fix it, but then it would come back the next day. I get it now daily with Discover accounts (credit cards) yet it still downloads transactions. I've noticed that the CC-800 error actually comes in two diff. flavors. One where you get the error, yet the accounts still actually work. The second one is you get the error AND it puts the big red circle with the line through it next to the account, in which case, it will most certainly NOT download transactions and the only way I've ever fixed that scenario (happens across Citi, Chase, and my local TrustCo bank) is to deactivate every account (with that financial institution) and re-add them again. The "fix it" has never, ever, fixed it for me.

• tazfus
    tazfus Member
    Options

I agree. I'm having the same issue and Quicken Support is not very helpful.

No matter what I do or how many time I contact support it is still not resolved. It does download my transactions and it working. The error seems to be a phantom error but so very annoying. I wish Quicken Support would addressed and take this issue seriously.

• tazfus
    tazfus Member
    Options

UPDATE: Fixed!!! *for now, hoping it will not return.

I will tell you what I had to do to fix this issue. The copy of my quicken file was corrupted and may be the reason I get the CC-800 error.

1. Back up file. In the Advance Options choose "create a copy or template" Hold down Shift & Ctrl key while clicking on Next.
    2. Choose "yes" when you get the window Ignore errors that prevent file copy?
    3. Once it creates the copy. choose add account and add the account that was giving you the CC-800 error. Make sure you link the accounts to you existing accounts.

You will need to activate downloads for all you other accounts.

I hope this helps!! 🤞

• tlpwis
    tlpwis Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am having this same issue on a Best Buy Citi card. I have reset the account, as well as completely readding it. It will work and the next day gives that cc-800 error again, yet transactions may have downloaded successfully.

This discussion has been closed.