How do you manually change an investment transaction reconciled status?

rleifield
rleifield Member ✭✭✭

I copied and pasted an investment transaction. It was previously marked R reconciled. The new transaction I pasted therefore says it is R reconciled. I do not want it to show the "R' but instead no status at all. How do I edit this field?

Best Answer

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Sometimes the column is too narrow to allow editing the reconcile status. Try widening the column a bit by placing the mouse cursor over the line separating the Clr column from the next column and dragging it.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023

@rleifield - all you need to do is click on the litte box with the triangle.

When you do, you will see 3 reconciliation statuses to choose from. Change the status from "R" to "uncleared". If you need to clear many statuses, you can use the "Edit Multiple Transactions" from the Transactions Menu. You can access that menu by clicking on the "gear" icon in the upper right of the register.

• rleifield
    rleifield Member ✭✭✭

I don’t see the triangle. I just have a capital R and clicking on it doesn’t give me a way to change it to anything else.

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭

You need to select or click on the transaction for it to show up.

The other transactions below the one I selected just have an R and not changeable. If you still don't see the little triangle when you select the transaction, then try using the "Edit Multiple" from the Transactions Menu, and then select the transaction from there.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Sometimes the column is too narrow to allow editing the reconcile status. Try widening the column a bit by placing the mouse cursor over the line separating the Clr column from the next column and dragging it.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• rleifield
    rleifield Member ✭✭✭

Thanks! After I widened the column it revealed the triangle that I could use to change the status.

This discussion has been closed.