Problem with downloading Fidelity accounts

Options

Between my wife and me, we have 4 accounts with Fidelity Investments. I've loaded all 4 accounts into Quicken. Two accounts are fine now. With the other two, I can't reconcile with the Quicken account with the Fidelity statements. Quicken offers a "balance adjustment" option in reconciliation. However, if I accept the adjustment, "Total Market Value" and "Securities Value" in Quicken are adjusted by the same amount. Therefore these values in Quicken no longer match those on the Fidelity site.
Is there a way to adjust the Total Market and Securities balances after applying a balance adjustment in reconciliation?
I've spent hours and hours trying to fix the problem, and nothing seems to work, including manually changing the "XLN" (which establishes the cash balance when setting up the account in Quicken.
I've deleted all 4 accounts from Quicken and added them back. This fixed the problem with two of the accounts but not the other two. Deleting these and adding them back in is a lot of work, which may or may not solve the problem.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance for your input.

Best Answer

• donaldpatrick19
    donaldpatrick19 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

I got it all figured out. To state things very succinctly, what I needed to do was to change the "Balance adjustment" transaction to a "Transfer funds out" (Xout) transaction. (That worked, but decreasing the amount of the "Transfer funds in" (XIn) entry by the same amount didn't. Go figure. )
    I just wish it hadn't taken me so long to figure it out.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are your accounts set up to sweep cash into a Sweep Account (essentially a linked bank account) or into a Money Market Fund (MMF)?

If it is a MMF which one is it?

Also, are seeing any holdings of it in the account in Quicken?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• donaldpatrick19
    donaldpatrick19 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

I got it all figured out. To state things very succinctly, what I needed to do was to change the "Balance adjustment" transaction to a "Transfer funds out" (Xout) transaction. (That worked, but decreasing the amount of the "Transfer funds in" (XIn) entry by the same amount didn't. Go figure. )
    I just wish it hadn't taken me so long to figure it out.

This discussion has been closed.