Error in Online Balance

Options
lelze
lelze Member

My bank, First Merchants Bank, download using web connect shows the "available balance". This includes pending transactions and available funds from my home equity loan. Therefore the balance is exaggerated greatly. I see in the help section to click on the "info icon" next to the online balance at the bottom of the register. This has an option to no include the pending transactions. I was hoping it would exclude the pending and the home equity. This would then get me back to the correct balance.

I hope there is a solution.

Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @lelze,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. From what you're describing, it sounds like your financial institution is sending incorrect information to Quicken. You would want to reach out to your financial institution to get that corrected.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• lelze
    lelze Member
    Options

is there a way to turn off downloading the pending? Help talks about the “info” icon next to the online balance.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your response,

The Help article is referring to a Pending Transactions feature that was turned off because it was not working as intended. My apologies for the confusion.

With the exception of some financial institutions making pending bank bill pay transactions visible in Quicken when connected via Direct Connect, Quicken does not download pending transactions. If pending transactions are reflecting in your Online Balance, it is because that is the information being sent by your financial institution. You would need to reach out to them about the issue.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.