misdirected downloaded transactions

Options
jharris5
jharris5 Member ✭✭

Suddenly, my American Express credit card charges and payments are being applied to a bank CD account when they are downloaded in one-step updates.

Tagged:

Comments

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mine is a different FI but same issue. Transactions goint to wrong account.

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @jharris5 and @retird,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. The most common cause of the issue you are describing is if accounts get linked incorrectly when you are connecting or reconnecting accounts. To verify what account with your financial institution the account thinks its connected to, go to Tools>Account List, click the Edit button next to the account, and on the General tab, it should show which financial institution it is connected to as well as some account information (usually the last 4 digits).

If it is connected to an incorrect account, then you would want to backup your Quicken, deactivate the incorrect accounts, then go to Tools>Add Account, and follow the prompts, being careful to ensure everything gets linked back up correctly.

If it is connected to the correct account and is still downloading incorrect information, then I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rocky Racoon
    Options

@jharris5 I am having the same problem. Would you mind updating this thread with your solution after you speak with them . Thanks!

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried the action suggested by @Quicken Kristina , i.e., deactivate all incorrectly connected accounts and reconnect using Tools / Add Account?

Do be sure to reconnect correctly when on the List of Accounts found at the bank. Select the "Link" option from the "Add / Link / Do not add" selection. Click "Link", select the correct Quicken register from the selection list.

This discussion has been closed.