Bill Pay is so lame

Options

Several of my online billers get into the state of "Fix it", but never get fixed.

Quicken claims "Quicken is still connecting with your biller. You can refresh to check the status".

It seems to happen to billers that often want to verify my login with 2 factor authorization, sending a code to my cell phone.

This problem has existed on and off for over a year. Sometimes deleting the biller and recreating it works, but no always.

Very annoying.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry about these problems. To me, it appears as if the banks' or billers' attitude is getting in the way. They are more concerned about their data processing systems being safe from hackers than making an environment available which allows third party data aggregators fast and easy access.

Please consider alternatives to Bill Manager.

• Bryan Douros
    Bryan Douros Member ✭✭
    Options

Of course there are other ways to do this online at many vendors. I could login to all my accounts separately and not use Quicken at all. But this is a feature on Quicken that makes it attractive to pay for its use to have one place to manage my financial life.

But Quickens error messages are useless, it doesn't say anything about what is failing about the process of downloading bills, so I can't tell anyone what is going wrong , even Quicken customer support. to make any progress on getting these things working.

• Edward L mott
    Edward L mott Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

[Removed - Rant]

This discussion has been closed.