OL-301-A with Prudential Retirement

Options
ctsaklas
ctsaklas Member ✭✭

The past week or so I can't download transactions from Prudential.

I get the error "Your financial institution has rejected your request. [OL-301-A] Additional information from Prudential Retirement - 401K/403b/457: "

I called Prudential and they pointed me to Quicken.

I use Quicken Deluxe Release R51.10

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for trying the steps first!

This has been escalated as a known issue internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• ctsaklas
    ctsaklas Member ✭✭
    Options

Here is the error

• TomC
    TomC Member
    Options

getting this OL-301-A error from Prudential Financial this morning. using release R51-10

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Hello @ctsaklas & @TomC,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest you try to refresh financial institution branding and profile by following the instructions provided below.

1. In Quicken, select the Tools menu, then choose Online Center.
    2. Click the Financial Institution dropdown arrow and select the financial institution.
    3. Press CTRL+Shift while selecting Contact Info.
    4. Select one of the accounts associated with the bank from the dropdown list
    5. Select Financial Institution Branding and Profile from the list and click Refresh.
    6. Click OK and go online by clicking the Update/Send button.
    7. Attempt your online session again.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• ctsaklas
    ctsaklas Member ✭✭
    Options

I tried that because I read your reply on another post but unfortunately I didn't work

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you for trying the steps first!

This has been escalated as a known issue internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• Johnweller
    Johnweller Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same issue.

• guppy_puppy
    guppy_puppy Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue here as well. Three weeks is a bit much with this not being resolved.

• KumarA
    KumarA Member
    Options

Similar code and situation with Prudential account for uploading transaction for last two weeks. Notified Prudential, said elevated to IT, but no further update.

• adam22
    adam22 Member
    Options

Same exact issue. 3 weeks of no updates.

• cmrome06
    cmrome06 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue here with Quicken R51.12. Anja, look forward to resolution

• Steve7
    Steve7 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello Anja,

Do you have an update on the status of this issue?

• shidden
    shidden Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have been having a similar issue with Prudential 401k/Empower since about July 21st and my account was taken over by Empower effective April 1, 2022. I am getting a OL-304-A error with the message "Your financial institution does not recognize the account ……. Additional information from Prudential Retirement - 401k/403b/457; Account not found."

This has been working fine for years until now. Very frustrating.

• mrharper
    mrharper Member
    Options

Same error message for me as recently as today (8/11). Started mid to late July (presumably after an Quicken update).

• arrudala
    arrudala Member
    Options

Same issue as of today

• histwriter
    histwriter Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

This has not been resolved for a long time now. Quicken isn't exactly cheap. We expect better service than this. When are you going to fix it?

[Edited - Readability]

[Merged Post]

• bpharwell
    bpharwell Member ✭✭
    Options

At the very least we need an update that indicates if there meaningful progress. Ideally there should also be a ETA to correct so that customers can set their expectations appropriately.

• scott.in.az
    scott.in.az Member ✭✭
    Options

My Quicken OFX log shows it connecting to ofx.prudential.com and receiving an "Account Not Found" error from Prudential's server. I'm not a Quicken expert by any means but it does not seem like something that could be fixed on the Quicken side.

The actual customer of Prudential/Empower is going to be your employer who probably chose them based on cost and all of us are stuck with that choice. I don't remember seeing a multi-week Quicken outage with retail investment providers.

• Drinkingbird
    Drinkingbird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

A Quicken rep already confirmed in another thread it is on their end, express web connect essentially just logs into the site and "scrapes" the data from what is displayed, and there is an issue with that script not pulling the right data/fields. So your account is not found because it is looking at the line above or below the account number instead of right at it.

• scott.in.az
    scott.in.az Member ✭✭
    Options

If Quicken is trying to scrape the website then that method won't work now because the account number isn't present anywhere. I don't remember if it was before, but I captured a HAR file just now clicking around Empower's site and there is no reference to the planidXsubplanXssn account number anywhere in the content or api requests. The Quciken download documentation on Empower's site doesn't look like it has been updated in several years but still shows that account number format.

• Drinkingbird
    Drinkingbird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The site quicken's servers are hitting (ofx.prudential.com) is not the same we see when we log in.

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Prudential finally connected this evening (using Direct Connect) but unfortunately the previous month's of transactions (while connection was down) did not download.

• acs2
    acs2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Progress, probably. Will further modification allow down load of the previous month?

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I doubt it. I manually added all the transactions during the downtime.

• sgniwder
    Options

I'm paying for a service with Quicken and this is not working as it should. To be down for over 45 days with no ETA is ridiculous.

How do I get credit for the time that isn't working?

• acs2
    acs2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

it worked satisfactorily when I last downloaded. It did not download transaction during the ‘blackout’ period

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Finally got new transactions to download today but the previous one's did not download (I entered mine manually previously).

• Drinkingbird
    Drinkingbird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Same here, not holding my breath for the previous ones to download, I entered them manually as they came in over the last couple months and made sure my balances are matching. Now to chat with quicken support tomorrow to get 2 months extension. I don't pay a yearly fee to have to enter nearly 100 transactions manually.

• lladna
    lladna Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Anja Is there any update on this. My Prudential hasn't connected at all for months. Please provide some information or plan from Quicken. Thanks.

• scott.in.az
    scott.in.az Member ✭✭
    Options

Just a thought here but Empower has acquired Personal Capital, a competitor to Quicken. I won't post the link here but a simple google search brings up an Empower page marketing to Quicken users now. I don't have any proof but it certainly seems like that is why the QFX downloads disappeared and the OFX downloads have been broken for the last several months.

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I also use Personal Capital but they are completely different products. There really isn't any competition for Quicken and that is why I use both products.

This discussion has been closed.