How to record part of a debit was reimbursed on your budget on Quicken Deluxe for Windows?

Options
Jude_S
Jude_S Member

I want to have a debit show that part of it was reimbursed by a separate credit. I am using this for times when friends have venmo'd me for purchases in the past. I have tried splitting the transaction but the full debit still stays only one category on my budget screen.

My Venmo account is attached to Quicken.

For an example of what I am trying to accomplish, I want to have a debit of say, $10 and have my budget screen show that $4 of it was fast food and $6 was reimbursed by a friend on Venmo so that it doesn't show the whole $10 as an expense.

Comments

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If the Venmo credit is put to the same expense category as the expense it will net out on the Budget screen showing what you want (assuming they both happen in the same month)

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In years past, when going out to lunch with a group of coworkers, I sometimes paid for the entire bill and received cash from each of the coworkers.
    In Quicken, the credit card transaction would look like this, with a Split line transfer to my $-Cash register, to record the cash I received

This discussion has been closed.