Transfers to Debt Payments on Cashflow

Options
AndyBoardwalk
AndyBoardwalk Member
edited September 2023 in Reports (Mac)

When I run a cash flow report, any transfers from checking to a credit card or loan payable account show up as Inflows into checking. For example, if I transfer $1,000 to a Visa card, the cash flow report records it as an inflow into checking and an outflow into the Visa account - resulting in a net zero. How do I get payments made to debt to show up as a negative cash flow?

Best Answer

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

Edit the report. On the Accounts tab, make sure the "Selected Accounts" radio button is selected, and uncheck the Visa account. Then on the Advanced tab, select the radio button for "Include selected transfers with accounts outside of report" and check both the check boxes underneath it. That should show the payment to the credit card as negative cash flow, but not include any transactions on the credit card account.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

Edit the report. On the Accounts tab, make sure the "Selected Accounts" radio button is selected, and uncheck the Visa account. Then on the Advanced tab, select the radio button for "Include selected transfers with accounts outside of report" and check both the check boxes underneath it. That should show the payment to the credit card as negative cash flow, but not include any transactions on the credit card account.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• AndyBoardwalk
    Options

Thank you Jon - that worked perfectly. I appreciate the help.

This discussion has been closed.