Disappearing Transactions

Options
GregT1988
GregT1988 Member

Recently transactions (all dated in the past six weeks) have been disappearing from the Quicken register. At first I assumed that I failed to enter them, but after entering the same transaction four times I realized that wasn't the case. Some of the transactions that have repeatedly disappeared have unique payees/amounts. I have noticed that when I re-enter these transactions Quicken immediately suggests the full payee name, amount, category, and memo for the transaction. If instead of entering the new transaction I search (find all) for a matching amount or payee the transaction isn't found in any account. This reinforces to me that I have entered these transactions before and Quicken has somehow lost them from the register but not from it's remembered past transactions.

I do have one account that I synchronize. No transactions from this account have disappeared. All of the missing transactions are in un-synchronized accounts. In addition I entered transactions yesterday and when I started Quicken this morning all of the new transactions were gone from the first account I looked at. No synchronization happened between exiting from Quicken yesterday and starting Quicken today.

This behavior started on August 5. That day I entered a reinvestment transaction into a retirement account, then realized that I had entered it into the wrong retirement account. I then did a right click "Move transaction(s)" to move it to the correct account. Quicken moved the transaction and immediately verified my data (this took many minutes). When it finished verification most (not all) of the transactions that I had entered during the previous month were gone. I then compared all of my accounts with the most recent statements from the financial institutions and repaired the damage done by the verification. Since then I have experienced more disappearing transactions - sometimes ones that disappeared during that initial verification, sometimes transactions first entered after August 5. I still haven't noticed any older transactions disappearing.

I'm currently using Quicken Windows subscription on Windows 11 Home. Version R51.12, Build 27.1.51.12. I believe this has been updated since the original verification problem on August 5.

Tagged:
This discussion has been closed.