Sam's Club Personal Credit

Options
dcanthony
dcanthony Member

I'm trying to add my Sam's Club Personal credit card. The card is a Mastercard. The site used is samsclub.syf.com. I can login to samsclub.syf.com. When I do I'm redirected to synchrony.com. Here I can see 5 credit accounts.

When I go through the add account process, Quickens sees only 4 accounts. My Sam's Club World Mastercard can not be added.

I'm actually trying to add the account again, because it used to download transactions but has now stopped.

Comments

• QWinUser
    QWinUser Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

@dcanthony - the FI Name to use is "Sam's Club Personal Credit Accou". Before you try to reconnect, please go to the General tab and blank out the FI Name and Account Number. Then reactivate the EWC connection using the FI "Sam's Club Personal Credit Accou". The issue is that Sam's Club has two different FIs depending on what connection method you use. If you download from the CC site, then the FI name is changed to "Synchrony Bank Credit Cards". If you want to use EWC and update using OSU again, you will need to deactivate and reactivate online services with the FI "Sam's Club Personal Credit Accou".

• dcanthony
    dcanthony Member
    Options

First off a decoder

FI = Financial Institution

EWC = Enhanced Web Connect

CC = Credit Card

OSU = One Step Update

I'm unable to clear the financial institution. Online info indicates that I have to deactivate online services first. I've done that. So, I have no idea why I can't clear the financial institution. I'm going to try to validate my file to see if that helps.

• dcanthony
    dcanthony Member
    Options

Validating the file fixed my first issue! I still had trouble clearing the financial institution. The old setting kept coming back. I then tried setting the financial institution to Chase which I new was incorrect. Of course the online setup failed. But, then I was able to start over and enter in the correct information. After that I could download my transactions once again.

Problem solved.

This discussion has been closed.