Profit * Loss Reports are Wrong & Don't Agree with each other

Options
Ed_Rempel
Ed_Rempel Member

Quite a few expenses do not show on the report. I double checked that everything is included. Did not have this issue up until now.

The current year report does not agree with the current year in the comparison report.

Why are expenses missing from the report? Why would the reports be different?

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are these expenses for a Schedule C business? To be included in business reports (and I don't know where else) you have to assign the category to a schedule C or E tax line item number.  To check the tax line assignment open the Category list by either clicking on the Category Icon or go to Tools-Category List or Ctrl+Shift+C.  Then select the category and right click on it to Edit it.  Click on the Tax Reporting Tab and check the box for Tax related and pick a Schedule C or E: tax line item.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Ed_Rempel
    Ed_Rempel Member
    Options

Thanks Volvo Girl, but I have been using Quicken for 20 years for business & personal. I have not had most categories show tax-related. In fact, they are a mix of categories showing both business & personal. They have always printed properly together in one P&L until now. I double checked that the report includes all for every tab.

Perhaps there is something in the latest release?

• Ed_Rempel
    Ed_Rempel Member
    Options

The real problem is that the current year P&L is correct, but not in the comparative. How can it be right in one report & not the other? All the settings are the same.

This discussion has been closed.