Wells Fargo Advisors transactions downloaded as "Unknown Security".

Options
steve87@
steve87@ Member ✭✭

For the past month or so, I've been getting downloaded transactions from Wells Fargo Advisors that say "Unknown security", usually for dividends (and the corresponding dividend reinvestment). Sometimes the security is in the Memo field, sometimes it is not. If not, I have to go on the WFA web site to verify the transaction security name. It looks fine on the WFA web site.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @steve87@,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Do you recall when the issue started? Which version of Quicken were you using when it started? Is this affecting just one account, or multiple accounts? Is this happening only with Wells Fargo Advisors, or are you seeing it with other financial institutions as well?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• steve87@
    steve87@ Member ✭✭
    Options

It is only happening with Wells Fargo Advisors, however, WFA is the only institution with which I have stocks. I don't recall exactly when it started. It happened again within the past week with Quicken R51.12, build 27.51.12. OS is Windows 11.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.