Tab bar completely missing upon upgrade to R51.12

Options
millipedium
millipedium Member ✭✭

Quicken for Windows

Version R51.12

Build: 27.1.51.12

Hello community,

In earlier versions of Quicken, a tab bar was located across the top of the window, just below the file menu, that allowed quick access to various features such as Home, Bill Pay, etc. Upon upgrading to R51.12, this tab bar has disappeared, which is a terrible, unhelpful "improvement". How do I recover the tab bar?

In the "View' menu, I have all the requisite options checked, but this does not appear to actually do anything. I can click these options to my heart's content, but nothing changes in the GUI.

Is there an easy way to roll back to a previous version of Quicken that is not so broken?

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The "Show Tabs" menu item only appears when you've chosen Classic Menus. When Standard Menus is chosen, the row of tabs should always appear. I am also running R51.12 and don't have your issue. So you indeed have an unusual situation.

What about Preferences > Navigation? That should show a disabled check mark for Show Tabs when Standard Menus are in use.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you wish to roll back to a previous version, take a look at this Support Article: https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has .

Scroll down about 1/3 of the way and there will be months with years shown. Click on those months to see which versions were released that year. When you find the version you want, you can then click on that link and download and install it. The installation process will revert your current version to the version you selected.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

@millipedium

In the "View' menu, I have all the requisite options checked

Does that include "Show Tabs"?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• millipedium
    millipedium Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, @Rocket J Squirrel this is a good follow-up query as to potential issues. Please see images attached:

In the second image, I am attempting to show where I would expect the Tabs/Toolbar to be. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong menu, as I do not see a "Show Tabs".

• millipedium
    millipedium Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, @Boatnmaniac , I will attempt to rollback. I was rather hopeful for a git-like set of commands to rollback applied patches, but perhaps that was a bit optimistic.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Answer ✓
    Options

The "Show Tabs" menu item only appears when you've chosen Classic Menus. When Standard Menus is chosen, the row of tabs should always appear. I am also running R51.12 and don't have your issue. So you indeed have an unusual situation.

What about Preferences > Navigation? That should show a disabled check mark for Show Tabs when Standard Menus are in use.

• millipedium
    millipedium Member ✭✭
    Options

It's encouraging to hear that its working for at least a subset of users. My Navigation window shows this:

I believe this is correct.

• millipedium
    millipedium Member ✭✭
    Options

Hmm, toggling this check box does indeed restore the toolbar, for now. I will need to test what happens when I close/open the application.

Thanks!

It's somewhat mystifying as to why the checkmark is not disabled. Perhaps a bug in the code?

This discussion has been closed.