PNC Direct Connect - Do Not Convert to EWC+

Options
TreborNagrom
TreborNagrom Member

If anyone followed Quicken's [Removed - Disruptive] instructions back in May and changed their fully functional PNC Direct Connect accounts to EWC+, and then tried to change them back, be aware of a problem that took me 2-1/2 months, a bunch of phone calls to PNC and Quicken, escalation, hair loss, you name it…to solve. Quicken's instructions for restoring Direct Connect seem pretty straightforward. However, when I followed them to the letter, everything looked okay with no errors, but I couldn't get any downloads.

It turns out that despite setting things up for Direct Connect, there's still some remnants in the Password Vault that makes it think it's EWC+. When you look at the vault or account detail, you can't put in an account ID or password, and there's no easy workaround. You have to reset the vault and then set the accounts up again as Direct Connect. Any other accounts you have will also need to be re-linked.

After all that, I had a couple of accounts that One Step Update gave me undefined errors for. After trying a bunch of things, I closed out Quicken, rebooted, and voila! After 2-1/2 months and many hours of frustrating phone calls and trial and error, I'm finally back to where I was 2-1/2 months ago, with all of my accounts now up to date and showing no errors.

This discussion has been closed.