Problems with pre-tax deductions on a paycheck and choosing an investing account HSA

Options
morangegurl
morangegurl Member ✭✭

I recently switched my HSA account from a manual savings account to an Investing account that I can download transactions into (it wouldn't let me download my transactions into the original account). I cannot edit the existing paycheck reminder to transfer the pre-tax deduction into the new account (I can go back using ctrl+shift+s and edit it there but I don't want to have to do that every single time). So I decided to create a new paycheck reminder but it is making me create a new HSA account to transfer into instead of allowing me to choose my existing account (I already archived the old account so it's not showing up in the account list). Am I not allowed to use an investing account as a pre-tax deduction transfer account?

Answers

• morangegurl
    morangegurl Member ✭✭
    Options

So I just found a workaround, I can add a pre-tax deduction as an Other Pre-Tax Deduction and the HSA investing account shows up in the list. It's really annoying that I cannot choose an investing account as an HSA pre-tax deduction.

This discussion has been closed.