Matching Transfer disappeared!

Options
PrincetonBrat470
PrincetonBrat470 Member ✭✭

I tried to report this to Quicken, [Removed - Speculation]. I'll post it here and see where it goes. Below is as-composed for Quicken Support, [Removed - Speculation]:

Quicken reports erroneously:

1. A transfer from an investment account to a bank account, amount $5,330.16 was created. Both accounts have online connections thru the Online Center.
  2. At a later date, I discovered the balance in the "From" account did not match the "real" account online, even though my Q reconciliation step offered no problems.
  3. The Q receiving account shows the completed transfer
  4. The Q "from" account does not show the "out-ing" transfer.
  5. The "from" account shows an erroneous cash balance, $5,330.16 more than the investment company reports
  6. When we do a "Reconcile" in each account, BOTH show that they are balanced,
    but the "from" account is overstated by $5,330.16,
    and does not indicate a difference between the Q account and the online account

Further examination:

1. The BANK account shows the received amount has cleared the bank, and has been reconciled as such
  2. The Category shows the correct "from" account [RJ FARM D348]
  3. If I choose to right-click, and select "Go to matching transfer ... Ctrl+Shift+X",
    Q tells me that "The transfer transaction is to an account that no longer exists in Quicken"
  4. When I go to the "from" account, the transfer-out is not present,
    and the Cash Bal is overstated by the $5,330.16 amount.

I had this problem once before, again same two accounts involved. I believe I reported it then.

This time, I an reporting the problem before I try to resolve the problem.
Last time, I believe I had to delete the orphaned bank transaction, and re-enter it.
Doing that resolved the lost link.

This time, I will leave this alone for a bit and see if Quicken Support can offer some guidance.
My intent is to do a "Validate and Repair file" function under "File".
I will, of course, do a full backup first.

Having a transaction fragment, and offer invalid balances on account(s) is serious stuff, the sort of thing that will destroy confidence in the product.
I'd appreciate some form of response from Quicken.
I am a 20-year-plus user!

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @PrincetonBrat470,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. You said that you are waiting to hear from Quicken Support for guidance. Did you reach out by phone or by chat (You can find the contact information through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday. Chat support is available 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT 7 days a week)? Do you have a ticket number from when you reached out?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Tiah
    Tiah Member, Windows Beta, Canada Beta Beta
    Options

I have the exact same problem this morning !

all transactions "from" a specific account have disappeared, but are still in the "TO" account.

I have tried to rename the "from" account, and it show correctly in the "to" account in the "category" column. but still same error when trying to "go to matching transfer".

Have you found/hear about any solution for this ?

This discussion has been closed.