Spectrum Bill is not Updating

Options
mdeehl
mdeehl Member ✭✭✭

My Spectrum bill is not updating after I run am auto update. I get "Needs Attention" in my Bills & Income tab. I have deleted this online payee an re-created my Spectrum and it still displays "Needs Attention" after I update all my bills and income. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem with Spectrum not working properly?

Tagged:

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

FWIW, even though I'm using Quicken Windows, I have the exact same problem with my Spectrum bill as well. I also have 3 other bills with the same issue. It seems that Quicken's online bill service is getting worse.

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • mdeehl
    mdeehl Member ✭✭✭
    Options

For several days my spectrum online bill has not updated. After several attempts to delete and recreate my spectrum bill it adversely effected 3 other online bills. I selected them in quicken in order to fix or repair all online bills which quicken deleted them and allowed me to reestablish connections with all 3 online bills. However after executing an all update everything worked correctly with the exception of my original Spectrum bill problem. Quicken displays something like connection with Spectrum is complete however awaiting for new billing information or something like that. It’s been my experience that Spectrum still is not working correctly even though Quicken suggests to wait several days.
    Spectrum online bill payment seems to have problems updating far too often and I don’t understand why.

• drioux
    drioux Member ✭✭
    Options

Windows 10: Same issue here with only Spectrum as biller such as still trying to connect, use Fix button no change, or it will say unable to connect to online biller try again later. Detele and recreate Spectrum online biller same issues. Validate and Super validate Quicken file all good no error or issues. Other online billers are updating successfully and payments can be made. Thanks

• mdeehl
    mdeehl Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I finally got my Spectrum Online bill pay to connect and work properly by repeatedly trial by and error. I experienced two main problems over and over with the setup of the Spectrum online bill by ensuring I have in my Spectrum account "user code" (4 digit numbers only) and you cannot repeat any numbers in your 4 digit code. Delete your Spectrum bill and re-create it. Provide the newly created online bill setup information in Quicken with your username, password and zip code. For an unknown reason the new Spectrum bill in Quicken will require you to select "Fix It" (this may take several times) and then Quickens will provide a new setup screen like before but it will have a new place to enter your 4 digit code and either a verification by text or email. You MUST select only "email" because the text to a phone number dose not work in Spectrum! You will not receive a text from Spectrum. Once you receive your Spectrum email verification code, enter it in the setup verification window in Quicken just like you do for most two step verifications. That's the main problem with the setup process because Spectrum will only verify email (not by text). After I successfully provided everything my Spectrum online bill is now connecting and working as properly. Good luck!

• drioux
    drioux Member ✭✭
    Options

One update to "mdeehl" solution post that may be another work around. Yes, I would get "Fix It" only to click on it and another error message says unable to contact biller list, or something along those lines. If your Spectrum setup says, "Fix It", Leave that setup alone, and click on setup a New Online Biller (yes, do it all over again for Spectrum), then ironically your prompted for what "mdeehl" describes the Two Factor Authentication (2FA) pick code by email. Email code comes enter same into popup window and account is setup and your good to go. Now, delete (remove) the bad Spectrum that says, "Fix it". 2FA may mean set it up twice, literally - ha ha!

This discussion has been closed.