No Rental Tab in Home and business for Canada? [Edited]

Options
thevman
thevman Member
edited September 2023 in All Things Canadian (Windows)

Hello,

I own Quicken Home and Business in Canada and I don't see the rental tab for my rental property. The product specs make no differentiation between the UA and Canadian Home and business. Is there no way to manage rental property in the Canadian version?

if so, when can we expect it?

V.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hello @thevman,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Unfortunately, Rental Property features are currently only offered in the Quicken for Windows US subscription and are not available in the Canadian subscription.

Therefore, I'd like to refer you to this active Idea post regarding this topic instead. If you would like to see this feature be added in the future, you can go ahead and add your vote by clicking the up arrow underneath the vote count (see example below) as well as a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is clearly grounds here for a class action suit for false advertising. The Marketing page for the Canadian version of Quicken Home and Business makes no less than five (5) claims that the product has rental income features. And, this is not a unique case. The marketing information for the Canadian version has misrepresented the product in many way for a very long time.

Here's a quote from the marketing page for the CANADIAN version of Quicken H&B: "Get custom features for rental properties Manage tenants, payments, expenses, lease terms, rates, deposits & more".

This discussion has been closed.