Bills & Income Reminder BUG? CC Balance Changes don't Sync Correctly in Stack, Date and Biller Views

Options
Scooterlam
Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta

When a CC register balance changes, some manual bill reminder views in Bills, Income & Transfers do not sync up correctly. Below are the steps I took to recreate this issue and what steps seem to clear this issue. Image.

The expectation is if the CC manual reminder was setup to show "Current CC balance" and when that credit card balance changes, that balance change is immediately udpated in all bills, income and transfer reminder views.

Not sure when this started…I only noticed it this month when recording expenses on my CC and observing the CC balance was not changing in my bill reminder stack view.

Using Quicken Windows USA HBR R51.12

Anyone else having this problem? Let Quicken know if you are having a similar issue by clicking on menu item Help>Report a Problem and referencing this thread.

Steps to recreate:

1. Select a CC manual bill in the "Stack View"
  2. In Bills & Income > Stack View > Edit this and future instances, ensure that the "Amount due" pulldown is set to "Current CC Balance"
  3. In the CC register edited in #2, add a test expense and note before and after balances.
  4. Go back to Bills & Income>Bills, Income & Transfers>Stack View Image 1.
  5. Observe that the new expense balance in CC register balance ($5639) is not reflected or sync'd up with Stack View ($4585).
  6. Pull down alternative views and observe same result: 1. Biller Name, 2. Due Date, 3. Stack View (do not slect Calendar View yet)
  7. Click off Bills & Income tab and back on, observed same result (not sync'd) as indicated in #5.
  8. Click on Bills & Income > Update All icon, observed same result (not sync'd) as indicated in #5.
  9. Perform a File Validation, observed same result (not sync'd) as indicated in #5.
  10. Test behavior on new QDATA file, observed same result (not sync'd) as indicated in #5.
  11. <edit> Reinstalled mondo path R51.12, observed same result (not sync'd) as indicated in #5.
  12. When does the new CC balance update in Bills & Income all reminder views?
    1. When the user selects the Caladar View, then back to other views.
    2. When the user exits Quicken and relauches
    3. When the user selects "Edit this instance and all future instances" , makes NO changes and selects "Done"
    4. Perhaps there are others…

Tagged:
This discussion has been closed.